Well you’ve already got quite a few wedding anniversaries under your belt. So by now you should have got the whole gift giving conundrum pretty much off pat. However, reaching the significant milestone of 2 decades together means you’re going to have to turn things up a notch, and find a gift that will be truly memorable. Friends and family will likely join you in your celebrations, which means all the little nick knacks and trinkets will be taken care of. So time to find a truly breathtaking 20 year anniversary gift for your spouse. Today more than any other day so far, is for showing your husband or wife how much you truly care. Your gift should symbolise the never ending love you share and the timeless nature of your marriage.
China is the traditional gift, while the modern list has chosen to go with platinum. For flowers you can choose a beautiful day lily, and the gemstone associated with a 20th anniversary is the awesome emerald.
20 Year Anniversary Gifts Ideas
Gold-Dipped Natural Rose
- presented in an exquisite leather case
- comes with a certificate of authenticity
- fast & free express delivery
Rose Heart Pendant
- decorated with 21 sparkling synthetic diamonds
- real rose petals glazed and trimmed in 24 karat gold
- with certificate of authenticity
Matched Set in 24k Gold Leaf Theme
- includes a glazed natural rose, a pendant and earrings
- comes in a quality leather display case
- a lifetime warranty is included
Gold-Dipped Golf Ball & Tee Set
- dipped in 24k gold
- excellent durability while retaining the playability
- ideal for mounting and display purposes
24 Karat Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- produced to tournament grade standards
- presented in an elegant high quality case
Traditional 20th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – China
China works well as a traditional symbol for 20th wedding anniversary gifts. It is a material that has a certain beauty, while all the while being resilient and strong. It is more than able to stand the ravages of time, much like a 20 year marriage. A gift of china may not immediately conjure up feelings of romance and love, but use a little of your imagination and inspiration, and you’ll have no problem finding a fantastic gift. Here’s a few of our suggestions:
- Dinner set – it’s probably about time you updated that dinner service you received as a wedding gift. After 20 years of regular use, it’s likely looking a little tired. And with all your renovations and home improvements you could probably do with something a little more in keeping with your current decor.
- Tea set – serve up afternoon tea and cakes in style with a fine bone china tea set. Pick out a tea set together and you’ll feel like a couple of newlyweds. Tea pot, sugar bowl, creamer and cups and saucers – but make sure it’s safe to put in the dishwasher. Most modern sets will be, but you’ll have to take care if you buy something antique
- Mugs – serve up your breakfast beverages in a pair of matching china mugs. There are lots of different designs and styles to choose from, from humorous and comical to simply romantic.
- Picture frame – a great way to display your favourite photos is in a delicate china frame.
- Bells – china bells to symbolise wedding bells – see the connection? Purely a decorative item, but available with a range of details and designs.
- Personalised plates – a pretty and thoughtful gift for your spouse, family or friends. Many of those available are tastefully decorated, and can include a personal message or thought.
- Candy bowl – something cute to store your favourite candies, and you’re not going to be embarrassed about sharing them around.
- China Musk – a wonderful heady fragrance that mixes amber, geranium, cedarwood and violet leaves.
- Hummel figurine
- Spoon rest
A Modern 20th Anniversary Gift Made From Platinum
Platinum is the modern material commonly used to symbolise 20 years of marriage. It’s known for its strength and endurance, much like your marriage. Believe it or not, if you choose a gift revolving around platinum, you’ve actually got a wide selection to choose from. Estimates put platinum in one out of five goods that are sold. TV’s, computers, mobile phones, even the catalytic converter in your car. Here’s our list of suggestions for a 20th anniversary gift made from platinum:
- Anniversary ring – give your loved one a beautiful surprise in the form of an anniversary platinum ring. A great way to celebrate the 20 years you’ve spent together as man and wife. There are lots of different styles to choose from, and you’re sure to find one to suit your budget. Getting it engraved will make it extra special.
- Cufflinks – does your husband like to get dressed up on occasions? Are you planning a night on the town as part of your celebration. Buy him an attractive and stylish pair of platinum cufflinks, so he can dress up and show off his latest wedding anniversary gift.
- Coins – platinum coins are actually very valuable, and are a great addition if your partner already has a bit of a collection. And if one of you is not yet a coin collector, this might be a great way to start.
- Home accessories – the shiny silver finish of platinum home accessories will add a sparkle to your home.
- Tableware – combine the symbol of china with a trimming of platinum, and you’ve got a set of tableware fit for a king and queen.
Unique and Unusual 20th Anniversary Gifts – for Him and For Her
It’s completely understandable that you might want to wander away from the traditional and modern gift lists, and exchange gifts that are different, and no way run of the mill. Rather than giving each other gifts made of china, why not take yourselves away and discover the hidden beauty of the country of China? Certainly a once in a lifetime holiday, and one you’ll never regret taking. In fact you might find that there isn’t enough time to explore everything on offer, and find yourselves going back there to celebrate many more anniversaries.
Or how about taking a trip to Chinatown? Find a great Chinese restaurant and be adventurous by trying different things off the menu.
Is your hubby a martial arts fan? Does he love watching Jet Li, or Jackie Chan and fancy trying out some of their moves? Enrol him in a local martial arts class, and you never know you might enjoy it too if you went along.
One final suggestion is a platinum dipped rose from Eternity Rose. A beautiful and elegant gift for the lady in your life. She won’t need green fingers, because its exquisite beauty will last forever. All that’s required is a dust off now and then.
And before we go, here’s wishing you a very happy 20th anniversary.
|Gift ideas for other wedding anniversaries|
|21st wedding anniversary gift ideas||Brass, Nickel|
|22nd wedding anniversary gift ideas||Copper|
|23rd wedding anniversary gift ideas||Silver plate|
|24th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Musical instruments|
|25th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Silver|
|26th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Artwork|
|27th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Sculptures|
|28th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Orchids|
|29th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Furniture|
|30th wedding anniversary gift ideas||Diamond|